UCL Level 1 - Online Course
UCL Level 1 ABSOLUTE BEGINNER course is suitable for those who have no prior music training or understanding of how the ukulele works. This online course will introduce you to the basics to get you started plus a variety of playing techniques at beginner level.
You will be guided through a step by step training programme featuring PDF downloads, MP3 downloads and a wide variety of video tutorials that will enable you to develop essential ukulele playing skills and techniques to put into practice.
HOW IT WORKS:
Once you book this course you will be sent an email with a link to set up your own personal account on this website. From there you will be able to access weekly modules on Mondays from 5pm from the week beginning 20th January 2020.
The level 1 course is broken down into the following 8 Modules:
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE UKULELE & PLAYING
2. BASIC CHORDS & STRUMMING TECHNIQUES
3. SONG 1 STUDY
4. INTRODUCTION TO TABLATURE
5. SONG 2 STUDY
6. C MAJOR SCALE & EXERCISES
7. SONG 3 STUDY
8. REVIEW, RECORDING & SONGBOOK
During week 8 you will receive a UCL Basic Skills songbook featuring a further 7 songs for basic skill level players with access to MP3 play along tracks with the option to record all three of your study songs for feedback and evaluation. You will get up to 4 weeks extra to submit your recordings. This is not required but if you would like your training assessed then go for it.
Suitable for all ages.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- How to tune, hold, fret and look after your ukulele
- Recognising parts of the uke and different ukulele sizes
- How to read tab, chord box diagrams and recognise a variety music symbols
- Basic music terminology & mini theory lessons
- Beginner strumming techniques and video tutorial exercises
- Beginner finger picking techniques and tab exercise video tutorials
- Downloadable MP3 play-along tracks
- Free beginner songbook featuring 10 beginner songs
- A guide to free online resources that will help with your basic skills training
You can opt to take the UCL Level 1 Assessment at the end of the course once you have completed the training. If you successfully pass the assessment you will be eligible to receive a Coupon Code discount voucher for up to 20% off your next. This assessment is not an accredited music training certificate but will help you recap the course content and make sure you are ready to move on to the next level.
We have an support chat box built into the ono run online course so if ever you come across any tech issues or general training difficulties you can contact the team for help.
You will be able to access the online course content for up to 6 months from the date of purchase. If, however, you require more time, there will be an option for you to continue to access the course for a small admin fee once the 6 months is up.