UCL Level 2 | Ukulele Course | BASIC SKILLS
10 WEEK UKULE COURSE
LEVEL 2 BASIC SKILLS PLAYERS
ZOOM SESSIONS: MONDAYS: 7.00pm - 7.45pm
APR: 25th | MAY: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
HALF TERM: 30/05/22 (No session)
JUN: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th | JUL: TBA
WEDNESDAYS: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
LOCATION: UCL HQ, 7 Eastfield Drive, Aigburth, Liverpool, L17 4LH
APR: 27th | MAY: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
HALF TERM: 1/06/22 (No session)
JUN: 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th | JUL: TBA
NB: This final session will take form of a showcase celebration where by group performances will take place either at our dedicated venue or on zoom, pandemic permitting. Arrangements for this session will be put into place during the half term break with plenty of notice for the end of term.
Suitable for 18+. This course is designed for those who have completed UCL Level 1 for those who already have some basic playing experience (at least 6-12 months) with the ability to recognise and play all major, minor and 7th open chords plus some basic strumming patterns like the calypso strum with an ability to understand and read basic ukulele tablature.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT: This course is designed to take your ukulele playing to the next level and introduce you to the chuck strum, riffs, licks and solos, interchangeable strumming patterns and the 12 bar blues.. This course will boost your song repertoire with 8 new songs and prepare you for the next stage at level 2.2.
This ukulele is for ukuleles in C tuning (G, C, E, A).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- Access to the internet via wifi
- A Facebook account
- An email address
- A Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser (Ask for assistance if needed)
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
All members will receive a link via email to set up your own personal account on this website where you can log in to access your welcome video detailing how to prepare for your ukulele course along with information on how to access to course materials and zoom meetings. All zoom meetings will be recorded and linked to your account within 24 hours of airing. You will receive your email link approximately one to two weeks prior to the course commencement so check your junk box if you do not have our email address saved. To avoid missing any emails please add our email address us to your address book: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Full terms & conditions of service can be found here. You will also receive a downloadable PDF version upon booking.
You will be eligible to join us on the main stage with the UCL band during our festival season this summer so keep the following dates free:
16th JULY - SUMMER STRUM
30th JULY - SHREWKFEST
WHAT YOU WILL EXPLORE:
- Up to 8 fantastic songs including an introduction to the 12 bar blues
- A variety of techniques to help advance your musicality such as bends, slides and turnarounds
- A range of open chords from various chord families
- Some major, minor and 7th alternative chord positions
- How to strum more rhythmic patterns such as chuck strum and how to shuffle a straight 8 rhythm
- An introduction to riffs, licks and solos and how to play them effectively and confidently
- How to play barred chords and switch from open chord positions to barred positions
- Major scales in open and barred positions
- Some basic finger picking patterns and techniques that will give your songs an alternative sound
- More finger gym exercises for independence training at various speeds