UCL YOUNG BEGINNERS | UKULELE COURSE | (6+)
10 WEEK KIDS UKULELE COURSE - IMPROVERS
FULL COURSE FEE: £89
START TIME: 5.30pm (30 minute sessions)
SESSION DATES: SEPT: 27th, OCT: 4th, 12th, 18th HALF TERM: 25/10/21 (No session)
NOV: 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
DEC: TBA This final session will take form of a celebration where by group performances will take place along with the young class. Friends and family will be welcome to attend for a small admission fee. The location and time will be allocated during the half term week.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
Recommended for children aged 6+ are picking up a ukulele for the very first time.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- A parents email address and telephone number
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
ABOUT THE COURSE:
This beginners course, is a fun way to confidently engage in weekly, tutor lead sessions via UCL HQ and meet new friends in a safe and child friendly environment with the aim of exploring music for the first time in a informal way that focuses on fun and confidence building techniques to prepare for the improvers level once all basic training is complete.
Upon booking you will receive a welcome pack via email with all the relevant information needed to help you and your child/ren prepare for their ukulele course, along with information on how to contact the team and terms and conditions of service.
Each session provides members with new content and training resources. The course fee includes all printed handouts for course participants, which will be provided during class sessions. We advise you to purchase a suitable folder so that your child/ren can keep all of their worksheets and song sheets in, safe and sound. We also urge them to bring all handouts to each class session as they are often revisited.
- Each week there will be a dedicated Zoom meeting for all participants, which can be accessed with a Meeting ID and Passcode which will be issued upon booking. Course material is sent via email in PDF format at least 24 hours prior to the start of each session. We ask that parents download and print out these resources in time for the live streamed sessions or have them available on your device for viewing throughout the sessions.
- There will also be other media files such as links to pre-recorded youtube videos and MP3 audio files which will be sent via email to can be downloaded to your device to assist with home practice .
- All live streamed sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the UCL Kids Youtube channel, which you can subscribe to for free, so if you miss a session, don't panic, you can catch up later.
- More information including the course programme and access codes will be available after booking.
This absolute beginner course will provide all the essential basic training to get your children playing fun songs in no time. They will learn how to hold, tune, strum and pluck with a good range of songs from nursery rhymes to pop songs with confidence.