KIDS ONLINE UKULELE COURSE: ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
10 WEEK KIDS UKULELE COURSE - ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
FULL COURSE FEE: £69
START TIME: 4.45pm (30 minute sessions)
MAY: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
HALF TERM: 31/5/21 (No session)
JUNE: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
JULY: 5th (End Of Term Celebration - 1 hour)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
Children aged 7+ who are picking up a ukulele for the very first time or for those who have completed the UCL introduction course and would like to learn more and take on the opportunity to perform as a group at the Summer Strum Festival in July (see below).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- Access to the internet via wifi
- A parents email address and telephone number
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
ABOUT THE COURSE:
This absolute beginners course, is a fun way to confidently engage in weekly online, tutor lead sessions via ZOOM and meet new friends in a safe, virtual environment and earn all the basics required to become a confident ukulele player. The course provides a range of dedicated ukulele tutorials, play along sessions and finger exercises that will help with basic ukulele skills and techniques. The course is jam packed with ukulele resources aimed to provide a great start to each child's ukulele playing experience.
From the 16th - 19th July the UCL will be making our annual trip over to the Summer Strum Festival located at The Junction in Rainford this year (hopefully) where all children from this course will be allocated a 15 minute stage slot to perform, should they so wish (not compulsory) to play as a group the songs they will have learnt this term. It is a free festival open to all and there will be lots of opportunities to join tonnes of workshops and ukulele jams. We will keep you updated on developments as we are still in uncertain territory with C19 at the moment. Follow the Facebook page to keep up to date: https://www.facebook.com/SummerStrumFestival
- Each week there will be a dedicated Zoom meeting for all participants, which can be accessed with a Meeting ID and Passcode which will be issued upon booking. Course material is sent via email in PDF format at least 24 hours prior to the start of each session. We ask that parents download and print out these resources in time for the live streamed sessions or have them available on your device for viewing throughout the sessions.
- There will also be other media files such as links to pre-recorded youtube videos and MP3 audio files which will be sent via email to can be downloaded to your device to assist with home practice .
- All live streamed sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the UCL Kids Youtube channel, which you can subscribe to for free, so if you miss a session, don't panic, you can catch up later.
- More information including the course programme and access codes will be available after booking.
This absolute beginner course will provide all the essential basic training to get your children playing fun songs in no time. They will learn how to hold, tune, strum and pluck with a good range of songs from nursery rhymes to pop songs with confidence.