UCL YOUNG IMPROVERS | UKULELE COURSE | (10+)
10 WEEK KIDS UKULELE COURSE - IMPROVERS
FULL COURSE FEE: £89
START TIME: 5.15pm (45 minute sessions)
SESSION DATES: SEPT: 27th, OCT: 4th, 11th, 18th HALF TERM: 25/10/21 (No session)
NOV: 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
DEC: TBA (This final session will take form of a celebration where by group performances will take place along with the young beginners. Friends and family will be welcome to attend for a small admission fee. The location and time will be allocated during the half term week.)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
Recommended for children aged 10+ who have already learnt the basics of ukulele playing and had a fair bit of experience but would like to improve their playing skills and techniques, expand their repertoire and confidence in singing and playing and perform live as part of a ukulele ensemble at events and festivals.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- Access to the internet via wifi
- A parents email address and telephone number
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
ABOUT THE COURSE:
This improvers course, is a fun way to confidently engage in weekly, tutor lead sessions via UCL HQ and meet new friends in a safe and child friendly environment with the aim of improving ukulele techniques and group singing to a performance standard with confidence. Participants can attend this course as often as they wish, Each new term brings with it new content so you will continuously expand their song and skill repertoire.
Upon booking you will receive a welcome pack via email with all the relevant information needed to help you and your child/ren prepare for their ukulele course, along with information on how to contact the team and terms and conditions of service.
Each session provides members with new content and training resources. The course fee includes all printed handouts for course participants, which will be provided during class sessions. We advise you to purchase a suitable folder so that your child/ren can keep all of their worksheets and song sheets in, safe and sound. We also urge them to bring all handouts to each class session as they are often revisited.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE
- Each week there will be a dedicated Zoom meeting for all participants, which can be accessed with a Meeting ID and Passcode which will be issued upon booking. Course material is sent via email in PDF format at least 24 hours prior to the start of each session. We ask that parents download and print out these resources in time for the live streamed sessions or have them available on your device for viewing throughout the sessions.
- There will also be other media files such as links to pre-recorded youtube videos and MP3 audio files which will be sent via email to can be downloaded to your device to assist with home practice .
- All live streamed sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the UCL Kids Youtube channel, which you can subscribe to for free, so if you miss a session, don't panic, you can catch up later.
- More information including the course programme and access codes will be available after booking.
This improvers course contains a range of ukulele resources to help your child improve and progress their ukulele playing skills along with a number of improver exercises and a variety of modern pop and classical songs suitable for this level.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
The course fee covers all 10 live streamed sessions plus the course training resources and is non refundable once the course commences. If for any reason you need to cancel the course prior to the start date you may be issued a 50% refund within reasonable circumstances. All content for this course is developed in course at UCL HQ and is the sole property of UCL. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you acknowledge that ALL CONTENT of every session remains UCL intellectual property and, as such, may not be distributed or released for public viewing on any platform, without consent.