KIDS ONLINE UKULELE COURSE: IMPROVERS
10 WEEK KIDS UKULELE COURSE - ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
FULL COURSE FEE: £69
START TIME: 5.30pm (30 minute sessions)
MAY: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
HALF TERM: 2/6/21 (No session)
JUNE: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
JULY: 5th (End Of Term Celebration - 1 hour - NB This is a Monday)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
Recommended for children aged 7+ who have already learnt the basics of ukulele playing but would like to improve their playing skills and techniques, expand their repertoire and confidence in singing and playing. This group will also get the opportunity to perform as a group at the Summer Strum Festival in July (see below).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- Access to the internet via wifi
- A parents email address and telephone number
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
ABOUT THE COURSE:
This improvers course, is a fun way to confidently engage in weekly online, tutor lead sessions via ZOOM and meet new friends in a safe, virtual environment with the aim of improving ukulele techniques and singing to a good standard. The course provides a range of dedicated ukulele tutorials, play along sessions that can be downloaded as MP3s and includes finger style exercises as well as some more advanced strumming patterns to help with motor development and a good range of songs that will get the party rocking. Some singing is required but not essential and there are some vocal training techniques included for those who wish to sing too.
From the 16th - 19th July the UCL will be making our annual trip over to the Summer Strum Festival located at The Junction in Rainford this year (hopefully) where all children from this course will be allocated a 15 minute stage slot to perform, should they so wish (not compulsory) to play as a group the songs they will have learnt this term. It is a free festival open to all and there will be lots of opportunities to join tonnes of workshops and ukulele jams. We will keep you updated on developments as we are still in uncertain territory with C19 at the moment. Follow the Facebook page to keep up to date: https://www.facebook.com/SummerStrumFestival
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE
- Each week there will be a dedicated Zoom meeting for all participants, which can be accessed with a Meeting ID and Passcode which will be issued upon booking. Course material is sent via email in PDF format at least 24 hours prior to the start of each session. We ask that parents download and print out these resources in time for the live streamed sessions or have them available on your device for viewing throughout the sessions.
- There will also be other media files such as links to pre-recorded youtube videos and MP3 audio files which will be sent via email to can be downloaded to your device to assist with home practice .
- All live streamed sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the UCL Kids Youtube channel, which you can subscribe to for free, so if you miss a session, don't panic, you can catch up later.
- More information including the course programme and access codes will be available after booking.
This improvers course contains a range of ukulele resources to help your child improve and progress their ukulele playing skills along with a number of improver exercises and a variety of modern pop and classical songs suitable for this level.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
The course fee covers all 10 live streamed sessions plus the course training resources and is non refundable once the course commences. If for any reason you need to cancel the course prior to the start date you may be issued a 50% refund within reasonable circumstances. All content for this course is developed in course at UCL HQ and is the sole property of UCL. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you acknowledge that ALL CONTENT of every session remains UCL intellectual property and, as such, may not be distributed or released for public viewing on any platform, without consent.