UCL Level 2.2 | Ukulele Course | BASIC SKILLS Part 2
10 WEEK UKULE COURSE FOR LEVEL 2.2 BASIC SKILLS PLAYERS
CLASS SESSIONS: MONDAYS | 6.30pm - 7.30pm
LOCATION: UCL HQ @ 7 Eastfield Drive, Aigburth, L17 4LH
SEPT: 27th, OCT: 4th, 11th, 18th
HALF TERM: 25/9/21 (No session)
NOV: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th,
NB: This final session will take form of a celebration where by group performances will take place along with the young beginners. Friends and family will be welcome to attend for a small admission fee. The location and time will be allocated during the half term week.
ONLINE SESSIONS: TUESDAY | 6.30pm - 7.15pm
LOCATION: ONLINE VIA ZOOM (Access provided upon booking)
SEPT: 28th, OCT: 5th, 12th, 19th
HALF TERM: 25/9/21 (No session)
NOV: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th,
DEC: 6th Remote Recording Session
NB: All Zoom members will be invited to attend and perform at the UCL end of term celebration where by group performances will take place. You must provide your own travel arrangements.
This course is for those 18+ who have already completed level 1 and 2.1 and who wish to expand their basic knowledge to include some of the more trickier strumming patterns such as the triple strum, split strum and fan stroke, plus an expansion of chords and alternative playing positions with more intricate songs, some of which will be arranged in two or more parts with riffs and solos embedded. This course is designed to prepare you for UCL PLAY, the level 3 group, where you will become an official member of the UCL House Band. You will boost your song repertoire even further with 8 fantastic new songs in the mix to prepare you for live group playing, when possible.
This course is for ukuleles in C tuning (G, C, E, A).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- Access to the internet via wifi
- A Facebook account
- An email address
- A Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser (Ask for assistance if needed)
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
All members will receive a welcome back within 48 hours off booking where you will be able to navigate all of the essential information to get you prepared and feeling confident about starting your course. This Level 2.2 course contains a variety of learning tools including weekly online lessons via ZOOM, PDF downloads and some MP3 play along tracks.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Full terms & conditions of service can be found here. You will also receive a downloadable PDF version upon booking.
The course content is broken up into weekly modules that will help you progress at a suitable pace enabling you to explore a number of techniques that will get you playing along to some of your favourite songs with a new song introduced each week to help you expand your chord repertoire. See below for more details. Free entry for friends and family too.
- Play a range of more advanced strumming techniques including Fan Stroke, Split Strum & Triple Stroke
- A wide range of chords including Diminished 7ths and Augmented chords, plus many more
- The ability to transpose all major scales, pentatonic and blues scales
- Map alternative chord positions around the entire fretboard
- Even more advanced finger picking patterns with the ability to combine picking and strumming
- More advanced finger independence training, strengthening and speed techniques
- 8 fantastic songs arrangements
- The ability to play some of the easier songs in alternative positions with more riffs & solos.
- Video tutorials and PDF downloads