UCL Level 1 | Ukulele Course | ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
10 WEEK UKULE COURSE
LEVEL 1 - ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
ZOOM SESSIONS: MONDAYS: 6.00pm - 6.45pm
APR: 25th | MAY: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
HALF TERM: 30/05/22 (No session)
JUN: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th | JUL: TBA
WEDNESDAYS: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
LOCATION: UCL HQ, 7 Eastfield Drive, Aigburth, Liverpool, L17 4LH
APR: 27th | MAY: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
HALF TERM: 1/06/22 (No session)
JUN: 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th | JUL: TBA
NB: The final session will take form of a showcase celebration where by group performances will take place either at our dedicated venue or on zoom, pandemic permitting. Arrangements for this session will be put into place during the half term break with plenty of notice for the end of term.
Suitable for age 18+. This is an all inclusive ukulele course designed for anyone and everyone who has absolutely none, or very little previous music playing experience who would like to give it a go.
This course is for ukuleles in C tuning (G, C, E, A).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A playable ukulele
- A tuner (digital or clip on)
- Access to the internet via wifi
- A Facebook account
- An email address
- A Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser to access Zoom (Ask for assistance if needed)
- A willingness to learn and practice independently
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Full terms & conditions of service can be found here. You will also receive a downloadable PDF version upon booking.
- How to tune, hold, fret and look after your ukulele
- Recognise parts of the uke and ukulele sizes etc.
- How to read tab, identify chord box diagrams and a variety of necessary music theory symbols
- How to change from chord to chord smoothly
- A range of basic chord shapes that will be embedded into the song selections
- At least 4 fantastic strumming techniques including the calypso strum
- Basic CAGE finger picking techniques and melodic tab exercises
- Finger independence training
- 6-8 fantastic songs and an introduction to a 12 bar blues progression
- Basic dynamics to make your playing sound musically proficient
NB: It is imperative that you complete all 10 sessions of this course to get the required results to enable you to move on to the next level. Think of it like medication. You need to complete the course for the full benefits!