UCL LEVEL 2 | Class Based Ukulele Course
10 WEEK UKULELE COURSE
COMMENCES: 17th JANUARY 2024
SESSION TIMES: 6.30pm - 7.30pm
SESSION DAYS: WEDNESDAYS
LOCATION: UCL HQ, 7 Eastfield Drive, Liverpool, L17 4LH
Discover the UCL Level 2 comprehensive ukulele course to take confidently from beginner level into a more confident ukulele playing territory. You will develop your basic skills and try out some new strumming techniques and chords to take your ukulele playing to a whole new level whilst learning a few riffs via tab and a bit of theory along the way to help you develop an understanding behind some of the basic principles of music construction. Once completed you can join our community ukulele group and perform at various events and festivals throughout 2024.
Our detailed lessons are lead by experienced Music Leaders and are a great way to socialise and learn as a group and also come with the added benefit of an online membership where you can watch associated video tutorials, download PDFs, and listen to MP3 play-along tracks, so even if you miss a class you wont miss out on any essential training. Join us today and become a seasoned ukulele player in no time!
This course is tailored for individuals who have successfully completed UCL Level 1 and are eager to progress to the next stage. It is also suitable for those who possess some foundational ukulele playing experience, with at least 6-12 months of practice. As a prerequisite, participants should be proficient in recognizing and playing major, minor, and 7th open chords, along with basic strumming patterns like the calypso strum. Additionally, a familiarity with reading basic ukulele tablature is required.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
This comprehensive course aims to elevate your ukulele playing abilities to the next level by introducing you to more diverse and rhythmic strumming patterns. You will also learn how to pick out riffs and licks and explore more adventurous chord progressions. The program enriches your repertoire with 8 new songs, providing ample preparation for the subsequent stages of your ukulele journey.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
To make the most of this course, you will require the following:
- A playable ukulele in GCEA tuning.
- A tuner, which can be digital or clip-on.
- Access to the internet via wifi.
- An email address for communication and updates.
- A Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser (assistance available upon request).
- A willingness to learn and practice independently, as dedication is key to progress.
Upon registration, all members will receive an email containing a personalized link to set up their account on our website. This account will grant access to a welcome video, providing guidance on preparing for the ukulele course. Additionally, participants will find comprehensive information on how to access course materials, a detailed timetable, and valuable tips and advice to enhance their preparation. It is crucial to keep an eye out for this email link, which will be sent approximately one to two weeks before the course commencement. In case the email doesn't immediately appear in the inbox, kindly check the junk box. To ensure no correspondence is missed, please add our email address (email@example.com) to your address book.
For enhanced engagement and interaction, participants will have the opportunity to join a private Facebook group, where they can connect with other members and receive important updates concerning events, ukulele activities, and engage in general uke chit chat. While the Facebook group is beneficial, it is not mandatory for those who do not use the platform. Crucial course-focused updates will also be available when you log into your online account on our website.
Stay connected with us on various social media platforms such as INSTAGRAM, TWITTER and TIKTOK where we regularly post extra-curricular lessons and live footage of UCL gigs and events. By following or liking our profiles, you can stay up-to-date with exciting developments in the ukulele community.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
For a comprehensive understanding of our service terms and conditions, please CLICK HERE.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPLORE:
- 7 fantastic song arrangements including an introduction to the 12 bar blues
- A variety of techniques to help play your solo parts such as bends, slides and turnarounds
- More chord shapes and alternative chord voicings in major, minor and 7th positions
- How to strum more rhythmically challenging and interchangeable strumming patterns
- An introduction to riffs, licks and solos and how to play them effectively and confidently
- How to play barred chords and switch from open chord positions to barred positions efficiently
- How to play major scales in open and barred positions and develop speed
- A variety of finger picking patterns and techniques
- More finger gym exercises for independence training at various speeds