UCL PLAY | A Mixed Ukulele Course
10 WEEK UKULELE COURSE
Level 2.2, 3 and Baritone players
10 WEEK UKULELE COURSE
COMMENCES: 18th JANUARY 2024
SESSION TIMES: 5.00pm - 6.00pm
SESSION DAYS: THURSDAYS
LOCATION: UCL HQ, 7 Eastfield Drive, Liverpool, L17 4LH
You can decide what level and instrument to choose with an emphasis on bringing all parts together in the classroom. Each member will select their chosen level / instrument with the ability to download and pre-practice before each session.
For a more detailed insight into the course content please see the various courses. This class session will give you the added bonus of jamming with others and really help you develop playing parts with others for a more enhanced performance.
This course is lead by an experienced Music Leader and is a great way to socialise and learn as a group and also come with the added benefit of an online membership where you can watch associated video tutorials, download PDFs, and listen to MP3 play-along tracks, so even if you miss a class you wont miss out on any essential training.
This course is for UCL members who have completed the basic levels with confidence and who would like to continue to challenge their ukulele skills by combining training with other players. You should have ideally completed UCL level 1 and 2 and have at least 1 years playing and performance experience with a good knowledge of the fretboard and some group ensemble experience.
Suitable for age 18+. This ukulele is for ukuleles in C tuning (G, C, E, A).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· A playable ukulele
· A tuner (digital or clip on)
· Access to the internet via wifi
· An email address
· A willingness to learn and practice independently
HOW IT WORKS:
You will select an option from level 2.2, level 3 or Baritone to receive a link via email to set up your own personal account on this website where you can log in to access a welcome pack detailing how to prepare for this ukulele course along with information on how to access course materials. You will receive your email link approximately one to two weeks prior to the course commencement so check your junk box if you do not have our email address saved. To avoid missing any emails please add our email address us to your address book: email@example.com
The course content is broken up into weekly modules that will help you progress at a suitable pace enabling you to explore a number of techniques that will get you playing along to some of your favourite songs with a new song introduced each week to help you expand your chord repertoire. See below for more details.
- Embellish a wide range of strumming techniques into your playing in preparation for performing
- Practice playing alternative parts for 2 and 3 part song arrangements
- Explore a variety of music genres spanning over 100 years
- Practice a variety of chord voicings across the fretboard including open and barred positions
- Put your basic and more advanced strumming techniques into practice
- Recognise a number of more complicated chord shapes such as diminished and augmented chords
- Expand your song repertoire with brand new song content
- Explore more intricate parts and techniques such as licks, riffs and solos to really bring the music alive